Lockdown and the league fixture programme

If allowed we’ll be back 5th December, with games 12th and 19th, but of course no one knows. Pete will be postponing the coming matches on Full time; that’s our primary fixture resource so keep an eye open there.

If facilities/pitches are available we could be playing games 2nd January, but many facilities will be closed, so we’ll have to see.

As well as lockdown we are conscious of the impact the weather has on cancelling fixtures if pitches are waterlogged. The committee are investigating booking 3G pitches ( New college, Bassett etc ) and running 3 games, even under lights, to guarantee football. Clubs may be offered a game on 3G to get the games played.

We are waiting for the County FA to tell us about County Cup matches, but you may well hear directly from them.

The committee will be looking at evening games, with our priority being to get the league complete. If there is time for a cup competition we will look at that. We have scheduled our next committee meeting for 25th November, so look for update coming up then.

Take care out there everyone.