As more of you are getting back to training and playing friendly matches, and with kick off to our league fixtures only a couple of weeks away, the SDFL committee would like to express their thanks to you for getting your clubs ready under these extraordinary circumstances. Your hard work has allowed fixtures to be released with referees starting to plan around them (see Full Time).
However, all local leagues will start playing from the beginning of September, and referees will make their own choice which games to cover? With a number of them in the older age bracket, you must understand some will be wary about taking matches at all, and we collectively must do everything we can to allay their fears? The biggest responsibilities though are with you, the clubs and your pitch providers to secure a safe playing environment for all that will attend.
We have confidence in you that the legal requirements to carry out Risk Assessments have been completed, (so we don’t need to see these), and that your clubs Covid 19 officer will amongst other things on match days collect a record of attendees including contact details to support NHS track and trace.
The league will be consistent with Covid 19 guidance communications to you and your referees using bulletins and social media, as we are all aware these can change very quickly? The County FA have asked the League to collate any reports if we hear of any breach of guidance, although we hope this won’t be necessary.
The league committee have received their own Covid 19 guidance to administering the league, and we would like to make the following additional requests to you.
- Team sheets will continue to be used but a digital copy (photo) to be issued to opponents is mandatory, and to the referee, if a team sheet is requested, before the start of the game.
- Referee payments in envelopes, please, at the start of the game, or by Bank transfer if previously agreed.
- We have requested Central Swindon North Parish Council to have a respect line in place either side of their pitches, to help with social distancing, please use them.
- Fixtures will be flexible, if your club players are quarantined let the Fixture Secretary know immediately, and follow the Covid 19 guidance.
- Have a nominated person ready to referee, in case your assigned referee cannot, or if a referee isn’t assigned to your game, please keep checking on Full Time? If you are assigned one make sure as the home club you make contact with the referee by Thursday, confirming the fee, the ground, and and the facility Covid 19 “requirements” ?
Please also ensure that whether you are the home or away team, you can provide assistant referee’s to support the appointed or nominated referee. Assistants play a key role in the game management, so your support is appreciated.
Club Covid 19 guidance responsibilities reminder
- A Covid 19 club officer should be present at all matches.
- Central Swindon North Parish Council football grounds will have a turn up and play policy in place. No changing or showers will be open but a toilet, one in, one out, will be in use. There are 8 clubs using Parish Council pitches so this will affect virtually every club in the league. Please find out from your opponents “private hire” conditions before going to their ground.
- Clubs with private or self owned pitches may have similar restrictions, including Respect lines, or technical areas, so please be flexible where needed and also please observe common decency in public areas.