£50 referee payment, after 10 games
The Swindon & District League are about providing opportunities for people to participate in, or continue to stay involved in, grassroots football. That’s why we’re delighted to announce the introduction of two Referee Bursaries to make it easier for anyone to become involved in refereeing and offset some of the cost of the course.
Applying for a bursary is open to anyone who wishes to take a referee course, qualifies as an FA referee and intends to officiate at least 10 games in our league. The league have also expanded the reach of this offer to include those who wish to attend FA courses run not only by Wiltshire FA, but also by Gloucester, Berks and Bucks and Oxfordshire in order to help improve coverage of clubs at the furthest boarders of our catchment area.
For all enquiries, or to apply for a bursary, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions of offer:
- Applicants must apply, and be accepted, for a bursary before their course starts, stating which course.
- Applicants should consider submitting a brief written statement as to why they should get the award.
- Only 2 bursaries a season will be awarded and the committee will, at its sole discretion, decide the recipients
- Qualifying games are Swindon and District, League or Cup fixtures, to which they are officially appointed.
- Applicants must officiate in, and keep a record of, 10 qualifying games within 1 year of their course starting.
- Referees must complete the course and pass the final exam before the bursary is paid.
- The bursary will be paid (by the league) within 1 month of meeting all required criteria.
Wilts County FA Courses
Courses run over 3 days part-time, below are starting dates and locations. Further details are on their website.
- Melksham 16th September 18 Calne 30th October 18
- Swindon 24th November 18 Chippenham 26th March 19
- Calne 19th February 19 Laverstock 17t March 19
Gloucester County FA: http://www.gloucestershirefa.com/referees/development-and-courses/the-fa-referees-course