At the committee meeting on 9th March the following format for the Cup competition of 23 teams starting 10th April (Covid permitting) was agreed.
The Competition will be known as the Your Sport Swindon Cup.
By entering this competition, clubs agree to accept the following additions/amendments to the normal cup rules in the League handbook.
1) Postponements. As this is time constrained any team found responsible for not fulfilling a fixture will have the game awarded to their opponents by the score of 2-0. There will be no further discipline action but costs may be incurred for a late postponement.
2) 7 Substitutes. The objective of the competition is to promote fitness and getting teams back to ‘normal’ competitive football. We don’t know how fit teams will be, or how strong any team will be, and with this in mind 7 substitutes will be allowed provided all names are handed to the referee on the team sheet before the game.
3) +3 Registrations. An extra 3 players will be allowed to sign on (before April 20th) provided they meet the criteria of current rules regarding Senior players i.e. District Standard.
4) Finals Eligibility. All players in semi- finals and Finals must have played in 2 previous games.
5) Share costs. All pitch and referees fees will be shared.
6) Home club to organise. Home club (as per Full Time) to organise the pitch booking and informing the officials (can play on opponents ground if mutually agreed before hand).
7) Group matches results stand after 90 minutes. 3 pts for a win 1 for a draw.
8) Knockout matches no extra time played, straight to penalties if level.
9) Determining positions : points, goal difference, most goals scored, head-to-head
Groups & Knockout. Teams have been organised with a mixture from both divisions into 4 groups with all teams playing each team in their group once and then the top 2 from each group going forward to the knockout stage. Also teams finishing 3rd and 4th will also proceed into a plate knockout thus giving more teams a game or two. The bottom teams are then finished with the tournament but will have played 4/5 games.
Group A – Globe, Highworth, Nalgo, Chiseldon, Bassett Bulldogs (Changed 17-March)
Group B. – Ashton Keynes, Supermarine, Marlborough, Priory Vale, Moredon, Swindon Centurions
Group C. – Redhouse, Hatherop, Intel, N.Swindon, L.Stratton, Regent
Group D. – Blunsdon, Paragon, Swindon AFC, Spectrum, Cricklade, Ramsbury
The dates for the group matches are April 10th, 17th, 24th, May 1st and Tues April 28th.
Fixtures are on Full Time.
The knockout dates are May 8th, 15th and the Final May 22nd. These fixtures will be shown on Full Time following group positions.
Remember Covid still applies, there are no changing facilities and no spectators. Please respect everyone’s safety.
Published 10-March: 11-March added Moredon to Group B; 17-March Bulldogs have moved groups; 09-April clarify group matches are results after 90 minutes, with the usual finishing position for championship being applied, knockout have no extra time – straight to penalties. We have 23 teams now including Swindon Centurions